[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Cannot listen to voicemail!

Cannot listen to voicemail!

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Cannot listen to voicemail!

Postby Mtornay23@gmail.com » Sun May 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Recently, I've ben getting an error message when trying to access my voicemail. I get an error message that says "server not configured correctly". I can retrieve my voicemails through google voice but not through Black Swan. It has worked fine up until recently. Can anyone help me with this? I'm a premium user and cannot justify maintaining the account without being able to access my voicemail.
Mtornay23@gmail.com

Re: Cannot listen to voicemail!

Postby stuart » Sun May 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Is this a Jailbroken phone, with Safari Downloader installed?

See viewtopic.php?f=3&t=131
stuart

Postby Mtornay23@gmail.com » Sun May 02, 2010 8:55 pm

The iPhone isn't jail broken and it's a 3gs 32 gig.
Mtornay23@gmail.com

Postby recycle » Sun May 02, 2010 9:32 pm

I ran across that error once (although it happened with both BlackSwan and Google Webapp). I thought it was a network problem, because it happened at the same time people were experiencing this:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=116

Have you tried powering the phone on/off, and switching to/from 3G-WiFi?

I also have an unbroken 32Gig 3GS. But it happened just once a couple of months ago. It's possible there are some localized AT&T network issues. Try airplane mode with just WiFi.
recycle

Postby Mtornay23@gmail.com » Sun May 02, 2010 9:53 pm

Here's an interesting twist. As I call up the Black Swan App and select the voicemail tab, if I select the play button to the left of the visual voicemail it will continue to give me the error code "server not configured correctly". However if I select the play button to the right of the visual voicemail then it takes me to the call details and gives another play button on the top right that will actually play the message through the QuickTime extension. This seems like a software bug....
Mtornay23@gmail.com

Postby joey » Mon May 03, 2010 4:43 am

Well back to basics i guess

I have you tried resetting all network setting.

Just a thought.
joey

Postby Chris » Mon May 03, 2010 2:42 pm

This is very strange behavior--especially since it works on the details screen. Both of those buttons are using the exact same code with the exception of the details screen also updating the read/played indicator on its screen if the message was new.

Try deleting your VoiceCentral database to see if there is a data issue. To do so, go to the Keypad tab, enter ##335*32#, and tap Call. You will need to reenter your account information. Then see if you can play voicemails.
Chris

Postby mrolfer » Mon May 03, 2010 7:48 pm

I am having the exact same issue. I did try rebooting my phone.

As this issue is being reported by other users I would prefer to wait for the cause to be identified rather than "try this, try that" solutions.
mrolfer

Postby Mtornay23@gmail.com » Mon May 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Tried the ##335*32# and it didn't work. Still need some help, the app is awesome when it's performing correctly but it's getting hard to justify with this hangup.
Mtornay23@gmail.com

Postby Chris » Tue May 04, 2010 7:14 am

What firmware version and device are you using? Since 2 people are seeing the same issue, it's possible that I can reproduce it.
Chris

Next

Return to General Support