[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - IPAD

IPAD

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

IPAD

Postby pmrabin » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Tried to install the app on my new Ipad. Successfully got thru the registration process using my google voice account. Got the web page that says the Application has been successfully installed and to click the + icon at the bottom of the page. But there is no + icon. There is the click down here symbol, but that is all there is to the web page.

I realize that you do not actually state that the Ipad is supported, but since the Ipod Touch is supported it seems like the Ipad should work.
pmrabin

Re: IPAD

Postby stuart » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:10 am

While the code for the iPhone, iTouch, and iPad is the same, the screen layout and formatting is quite different. Changes are in the works, but are being preemted by updates for the forthcoming 1.1.0 release. Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Stuart
stuart

Postby pmrabin » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Stuart

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will check back on this board to see when the status of Ipad support changes.

Do you have an approximate time frame for the needed update.
pmrabin

Postby stuart » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:03 pm

Do you have an approximate time frame for the needed update.

Try it now

Stuart
stuart

Postby pmrabin » Sun May 02, 2010 11:14 am

Stuart

I tried it and it successfully installed. Looking for an Ipad compatible voip app to integrate it with my Gizmo5 account.
pmrabin

Postby joey » Sun May 02, 2010 11:32 am

Hey I have a tutorial on getting push notifications for text messages and you can use it for voice mail as well.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=136
joey

Postby yuusharo » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Sorry for replying to an old thread, but I just started experimenting with voip, Gizmo and Google Voice, and wanted to share my experiences.

Softphone for iPhone (made by Acrobits) is probably by far the best app to use with Gizmo5 or any other voip provider and Google Voice. You simply enter your credentials in the app to setup your voip account and the server, and it all works!

Keep in mind, Gizmo5 forwarded calls from Google Voice only use the "ulaw" codec, which means its pretty spotty over 3G connections due to the amount of consistent bandwidth it needs. If you're only making calls on wifi with your iPad, then great! Otherwise you'll have to find another workaround to use it over 3G (or pray AT&T is nice to you that day xD).

They use push notification for now (pre iOS 4) to alert you when someone is calling outside the app (you can disable this for each account within the app). This means that they have to store your Gizmo5 credentials on their server over HTTPS and monitor your Gizmo account for incoming calls. They say the system automatically disconnects you after 3 days of not using the app, but will reset the timer by simply launching the app even if you don't receive any calls. I presume this is a security measure, but be aware that they will need access to your account in order to use push notifications.
yuusharo

Return to General Support