[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Call Back Question

Call Back Question

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Call Back Question

Postby tabularasa » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:58 am

I can't seem to disable the Call Backup number. I'm trying to dial out directly from my iPhone and it keeps forwarding the call to my cell phone. I have forwarding to my cell phone disabled when I'm logged into Google Voice. What am I missing here?
tabularasa

Re: Call Back Question

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:40 pm

Are you trying to use direct outbound dialing via Google Voice so that your GV phone number shows on the recipient's caller ID or are you trying to dial using your iPhone so your iPhone's phone number shows as the caller ID?
Chris

Postby tabularasa » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Direct outbound dialing via Google Voice so my GV number shows as caller ID. I don't have phone service on my iPhone.
tabularasa

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:33 pm

Without cellular service, an iPhone is effectively an iPod touch. VoiceCentral is not a VoIP application, and it does not "manage the call" beyond notifying Google Voice to connect party A (caller) to party B (recipient). That means you can only use VoiceCentral to initiate dialing from an existing phone number such as your home phone. When you set any number as your callback number and initiate a call, GV will dial the callback number first. After you answer, GV will ring the recipient's phone.

Let me know if this clears things up.
Chris

Postby tabularasa » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:42 pm

That answers perfectly. Thanks!
tabularasa

Return to General Support