[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - iPhone: still says "Free"; tried other measures mentioned

iPhone: still says "Free"; tried other measures mentioned

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

iPhone: still says "Free"; tried other measures mentioned

Postby eltrial » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:29 pm

I upgraded to a Premium account. In my email, it said the next time I launched VoiceCentral it would show my upgrade to Premium. This did not happen despite many restarts. So I went to the forum here, and found the topic below. I then proceeded to delete the app from my HomeScreen, cleared the cache for Safari, deleted the VoiceCentral Safari database, go to the riverturn.com site on my iPhone's Safari, and re-install onto my home screen. For the umpteenth time I reentered my Google Voice info, but it still says my account's status is Free.

What do I do next? Thanks in advance...
eltrial

Re: iPhone: still says "Free"; tried other measures mentioned

Postby tsmit50 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:05 am

Good question. I never even had a free account, paid the 6 bucks a year, just downloaded it and it says free...
:roll:
tsmit50

Postby tsmit50 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:28 am

tsmit50 wrote:Good question. I never even had a free account, paid the 6 bucks a year, just downloaded it and it says free...
:roll:

And before anyone asks, yes, i've deleted cache, dbs, reinstalled, all that good stuff...
tsmit50

Postby mellowgeek » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:27 am

I had this same problem with my account. Go to the contact page and send an email to support, they'll probably ask for the transaction ID from paypal and then get it fixed for you.
mellowgeek

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:36 pm

eltrial is working on this problem in a support incident due to having 2 accounts in our system.

tsmit50, your account is set to Free because you canceled the subscription via PayPal. When you cancel, the system automatically sets your account back to Free.
Chris

Postby tsmit50 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:47 pm

Chris wrote:eltrial is working on this problem in a support incident due to having 2 accounts in our system.

tsmit50, your account is set to Free because you canceled the subscription via PayPal. When you cancel, the system automatically sets your account back to Free.

Actually i cancelled after trying to get it to work for 3 hours this morning.

Nothing should be that difficult to setup and use.
tsmit50

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:16 pm

I apologize for the issue you experienced during the installation/upgrade. We're receptive to feedback, so feel free to post any suggestions you may have about making the process simpler. I do see that there was just over an hour between your registration and cancellation. While I admire your persistence, you'll find that our support team is very responsive and we would have likely been able to resolve the issue for you in a timely manner. We don't want any of our users to feel frustrated with the app at any time.

I was about to change your account to a Premium Subscription for troubleshooting purposes, but it had already been changed. Checking the support incidents, I found that you had submitted a support request and someone else was also helping with this issue. I'll let the two of you wrap it up from within the support incident.
Chris

Postby eltrial » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:49 am

Just to let everyone know that my issue got resolved. Thanks for excellent support!
eltrial

Return to General Support