[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Caller ID

Caller ID

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Caller ID

Postby moonknight » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:11 pm

I have the VoiceCentral app that allows Google Voice to run as a native program on my iPhone. When I call anyone from it, though, the caller ID shows up with the number of the phone I'm using (in this case, my cell phone), not my GV number. But when I used to call people from the web app, the caller ID would show up with my GV number, not the number of the phone I was using. This is still the case if I use the web app, but not if I use VoiceCentral. Any ideas? I'd like to continue using VoiceCentral, but this hampers its usefulness. Is this a limitation that GV has yet to address (I saw the "ID will be available for calls soon" message on GV settings)? Or am I simply not doing something right?
moonknight

Re: Caller ID

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:09 pm

I'm having a little difficulty following the steps to reproduce this problem because of all the different apps/sites involved. It might be easier if we temporarily "define" a few references for the purpose of this conversation:

Native VoiceCentral: The version of VoiceCentral that was sold through (and subsequently banned from) the App Store.

VoiceCentral Black Swan: The current web-based version of VoiceCentral, which is only distributed via our web site at http://voicecentral.riverturn.com.

Mobile Google Voice site: The Google Voice web site made specifically for mobile phones and accessed via https://www.google.com/voice/m.

When you dial using VoiceCentral Black Swan, your Google Voice phone number should appear as the Caller ID on the receiving end of the call. Is that not working for you? What is or is not working?
Chris

Postby moonknight » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:19 pm

Sorry for the confusion.

I'm using VoiceCentral Black Swan. Google Voice is set up so that I make and receive GV calls (mostly) through my cell phone. But when I use Black Swan to make a call, it shows my cell number (not the GV number) in the recipient's caller ID.

On the other hand, when I use the Mobile GV site to make calls (using my cell, but via the Mobile GV site), my GV number shows up in the recipient's caller ID (as opposed to my cell/mobile phone number). This is true both before and after the installation of Black Swan.

That's my problem. I'd like recipients to have their caller IDs display my GV number when I call with Black Swan, not my mobile phone number.
moonknight

Postby moonknight » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:43 pm

Wait. Scratch everything I just said. Caller ID is working fine now. I was probably doing something wrong before (I was hopped up on some pretty serious pain-killers). Apologies for any confusion.
moonknight

Postby Chris » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Beautiful.
Chris

Return to General Support