[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - It worked once...

It worked once...

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

It worked once...

Postby dhoffer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:36 pm

it worked once and now all i get is the popup that asks me to "please answer the call from Google at (my mobile # on my iPhone)". if i either click OK or not the popup goes away and nothing happens. i have deleted and reinstalled the app. i have cookies enabled in safari. i have deleted the DB. i have even changed the callback # to my landline. nothing helps. BTW, GV via safari on the iPhone works fine. any ideas?
dhoffer

Re: It worked once...

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:19 am

VoiceCentral simply sends a notification to Google Voice that says "connect 555-1234 to 555-6789" and Google Voice responds with "OK" or "can't do it." If VoiceCentral displays the "please answer the call from" dialog, then Google Voice responded with OK. Past that, VoiceCentral has no control over the phone call.

The mobile GV site dials differently than VoiceCentral. It uses what I refer to as "direct outbound dialing" while VC uses "callback dialing." Try logging into the full version of the Google Voice web site using a desktop or laptop and dial from there. Select the same option for "Phone to ring" that you are using as the "Call Back Number" in VoiceCentral. If that works, confirm the callback number is set correctly in VoiceCentral and try your call again. Let me know how it goes.
Chris

Postby dhoffer » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:47 pm

OK... i tried the full GV version from my laptop which worked then tried the VC version from my iphone and that finally worked. i didn't change anything and now VC works which means it must have been a server issue. thanks
dhoffer

Postby Chris » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:36 am

I'm glad it's working for you.
Chris

Return to General Support