[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - "Failed to update local database"

"Failed to update local database"

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

"Failed to update local database"

Postby jofo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Free version

I get this error every time I hit the icon for VoiceCentral on my iPhone. iPhone 3G with OS 3.1.3. About a gig free space. Tried reinstalling several times and restarted the phone once.

I don't have a "Databases" entry under Safari prefs, so it seems it never gets created.
jofo

Re: "Failed to update local database"

Postby Chris » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:15 am

Try this:

1. Delete the VoiceCentral icon.
  2. Go to Settings, choose Safari, and tap Clear Cache.
  3. While you're there, verify that Databases still is not present. If it is, delete VoiceCentral's database.
  4. Shut down your iPhone by holding the power button on the top of the phone until asked to slide to power off. After it powers off, turn it back on.
  5. Install VoiceCentral again.

It's very strange for you to not have any databases at all. I'd presume that you've tried one of Google's mobile sites (Gmail or Google Voice, at least), and they also create local databases.
Chris

Return to General Support