[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Won't Add to Home Screen

Won't Add to Home Screen

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Won't Add to Home Screen

Postby narapa2010 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:50 am

I got the activation email and was instructed to go to http://voicecentral.riverturn.com/install

That page had no login screen but it says the the application has been installed successfully. It instructs me to add the app to the home screen. I click the + sign and keep the default app name.

The phone does slide to the next empty icon slot but no icon ever shows up.
narapa2010

Re: Won't Add to Home Screen

Postby Chris » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:52 pm

There is a limit of 9 pages of icons on your Home screen. I believe you can see if it was added by going to Spotlight (the search field) and typing VoiceCentral. Does the app show up there?

If you cannot find it (or if it requires you to access it via Spotlight every time), you may want to consider removing some old or unused apps. It's not only VoiceCentral that's affected--you will have problems installing any new apps and your iPhone may feel "sluggish" (or even fail to start).

See this thread for more info:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp ... ID=1617471
Chris

Postby narapa2010 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:03 pm

I don't think that's the problem since I can install new apps from the app store. Why do I not get asked my login credentials when I visit that website on my iPhone?
narapa2010

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:15 pm

It seems that the App Store will let you download more apps even though you will not be able to see their icons on the Home screen. Safari does not seem to let you add an icon to the Home screen if it will not be visible. It's a limitation imposed by Apple, so we cannot do anything to circumvent it. We've heard that jailbroken users have had success using the Categories app to organize their apps into folders so they do not use so many screens.
Chris

Return to General Support