[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Calls connect, but recipient hears nothing

Calls connect, but recipient hears nothing

Get (or provide!) help using VoiceCentral Black Swan.

Calls connect, but recipient hears nothing

Postby kengetz » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:41 pm

I've made several calls, and each time, GV calls me back, I pick up the call. I hear the other side, they can't hear me. Seems very consistent. Am I doing something wrong?

Product looks great, and certainly seems very cool. A real winner. Just if it worked... -- Ken
kengetz

Re: Calls connect, but recipient hears nothing

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:32 am

Once the request is sent to Google, the call is no longer being controlled by VoiceCentral. Basically, we send a message to Google that says "connect 555-1234 with 555-6789." The actual call quality is in Google Voice's hands. If you try the same call using the Google Voice web site, do you get the same behavior? If not, try VoiceCentral immediately afterward and see if it has been corrected on their end.
Chris

Postby stuart » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:00 am

In testing this, I found the Call Back number rang quickly, but the called-number ring varied (5 to 15 seconds). Once Google connected (and the called number picked up) it sometimes took up to 10 seconds for the other phone to start "hearing me".

I think Google is having an off day

Stuart
stuart

Postby kengetz » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Ah, I see! That makes sense. You're basically doing a "blind transfer" and that's that. What happens after the call starts is Google Voice's problem. I'll try it again tomorrow. Thanks -- Ken
kengetz

Return to General Support