[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Riverturn Support • View topic - Make/receive free Google Voice phone calls

Make/receive free Google Voice phone calls

Learn how to perform specific actions using VoiceCentral as well as how to use it with other apps/services.

Re: Make/receive free Google Voice phone calls

Postby revenant » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:31 pm

sorry- i figured it out. i needed to change what numbers needed to forwarded at different times due to the initiating the sip number process. this works great- too bad i did not have this 1 week ago when i was in Switzerland and Italy!
revenant

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:18 am

revenant wrote:i followed the instructions, but i cannot make a call on wifi- when the person answers on the other end they get my voicemail. i just want to make calls on wifi- i do not understand how people are doing this on their ipods, i cannot do it on wifi on the phone. is there a more detailed instructions? i feel like i am missing something.

I saw the thread you created for this question, so I responded there. If anyone runs into the same issue, you can follow the troubleshooting here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=233
Chris

Postby eripa » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:45 pm

very interesting guide! thanks for posting.

one question though, does any of this change with the new iphone google voice app?
eripa

Postby eripa » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:28 am

One more question.

Which number do I see in Fring when someone calls me through GV->sipgate->Fring? Is it the caller's number or the sipgate number?

Thanks!
eripa

Postby rick » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:07 am

eripa wrote:very interesting guide! thanks for posting.

one question though, does any of this change with the new iphone google voice app?

If you're on an iPod, the Google Voice app doesn't work. On an iPhone, you can use the app instead of Voice Central, but I don't think there are any advantages to that.
rick

Postby jongpie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:11 pm

rick wrote:
eripa wrote:very interesting guide! thanks for posting.

If you're on an iPod, the Google Voice app doesn't work. On an iPhone, you can use the app instead of Voice Central, but I don't think there are any advantages to that.

Actually, I would NOT recommend using the official Google Voice app if you're trying to make free calls. From what I can tell, the Google Voice app is designed to only work with your iPhone's number (which uses your iPhone's minutes). If you want to make free calls, stick with VC (or GV Mobile+ if you want a native app).

And eripa, it SHOULD show the number of the person calling you, but I seem to recall having to change a setting on sipgate to get that working properly. Are you seeing your own sipgate number instead?
jongpie

Postby contagon » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:21 pm

Sipgate one needs a cell phone number, which I don't have, is there any other sip I could use?
contagon

Postby rick » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:21 am

rick

Postby djyking » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Can anyone recommend another SIP provider which has free incoming calls and still have numbers to give out? Sipgate ran out of numbers. Thanks
djyking

Previous

Return to Tutorials